July 25, 2012

Car Wash, Yeah!


Squeezing in one last post while we wait for our newest nephew to arrive…

Our vehicles were filthy, and Lucas suggested the twins are at an age where they would think washing the car was really cool.  I immediately imagined their excitement going through a car wash, and agreed.  Then I realized Lucas was thinking something a little more hands on…
I will admit, his idea was totally better.  They loved helping!
Getting to hold the hose

Prepping soapy water
Even scrubbing the car (which quickly turned into washing their bikes…their vehicles were dirty too)!
Their friend, L, came over – even though we felt a little badly having her help wash our cars (she was so excited about it though!)
 Of course, it didn’t take long for them to figure out that he who has the hose has the power…
…he looks a little too happy at his sister’s distress…
The kids had so much fun, I imagine that our cars will stay clean because they will keep asking to wash them every time we go outside!
(I know the picture is blurry - but I love how it shows the energy and excitement of the activity!)
Update:  my internet went down in the middle of posting, and by the time I was back online the baby was born!  Nephew #2 has arrived!  A post (and poster) to come as soon as we have a name J

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like fun good idea dad, but they are quick learners with the power control. Please come wash papa and Gigi's cars. congratulations on new nephew. now its 3 and 3 yah Ry guy more males to help you out with those girls. Gigi

Anonymous said...

I love that picture of Ryan spraying Allie...it is priceless. It is so funny i couldn't help laughing. Love brothers!! Thanks for the blog Kim it made my day!! And so happy we have another boy cousin for Ry. Love and kisses from Nana in TX who misses you very much. God is GOOD!!