December 01, 2011

Catching Up

I'm woefully behind on Thankfuls. Basically, we traveled, and then we got sick, and then I stayed sick. I'm beginning to despair of ever being able to take a full, deep breath ever again. I'll be fine. I've just reached the over-dramatic stage of sickness :) To make matters worse, I didn't document our thankfuls very well in the moment to record here later...I sent myself text messages...when I remembered (which was only 3 or 4 times)...and then I lost my phone in Nebraska. So, I will speed record what I can remember, and resolve not to make the same mistakes next year!
Ryan & Allie's Day with E - while we were at the game.
Ry & E in the closet...they have a tendency to like to go off together...alone...a problem if this continues into the jr. high years...
November 17th, We Are Thankful For:
Ryan: Cars Jammies - he loves those things.
Allie: My flashlight. We had just bought a couple of these, and the twinners are in love. Me too. I want to go back for another dozen!
Kim: Uncle Duck (and Aunt Duck?) - who let us crash at their house while we waited for my parents' plane to arrive.
$1 parking - at the airport. A delightfully small airport where you can watch the planes. We decided to park & go in to meet Papa & Gigi. Quite possibly the best dollar I've spent ever.
Safe travel for my parents!
In the interest of catching up, I'm leaving Lucas off from now on. He does a "Thank You" book of 5 things he's thankful for every night, and always had trouble narrowing it down to 1 for the blog anyways!
Playing "Wonder Pets" - E knows what to do!
November 18, We Are Thankful For:
Ryan: Gigi
Allie: Papa - it helped that Papa & Gigi were right there doing bedtime with us when we asked!
Kim: My dad fixing our house. Especially since he never gave us any projects in his house to do in return (which was supposed to be the deal). Thanks, Dad!
Wonder Pets, Wonder Pets, We're on our way...
November 19, We Are Thankful For:
Allie & Ryan: I forgot to ask, but I have to assume they were thankful for an awesome day at E's house!
Kim: I was certainly NOT thankful for the outcome of the game. But I certainly was VERY thankful for dear friends who watch my kids for an entire day, think up lots of great activities to keep them entertained, and take pictures so I can see all the fun they had!
Ryan protecting the stuffed Wonder Pets that E has. They ended up having to hide them from him because he got a little too protective...
November 20, We Are Thankful For:
Ryan & Allie: I totally forgot to ask. In my defense, I had been up most of the night with a sick kid...yes...this was when the plague began...
Kim: The Twilight books. The day before, upon mentioning that I had actually never read them, my brother's mother-in-law loaned them to me. They are like candy - quick to read, hard to leave alone, and delightful. I read the whole series in 4 days...much to the dismay of my husband...
Playing outside!
November 21st, We Are Thankful For:
Allie & Ryan: This was a day that I didn't record well. I know they were thankful for something...I just can't remember and don't have my phone...
Kim: Safe travels, a quick and easy trip (ok...13 hours isn't quick...but it could have been worse), and my first taste of Runza in months. Yum!
A big, BIG ball!
November 22, We are Thankful For:
Ryan & Allie: I can't remember. Epic fail.
Kim: A massage. My mom gave me a 30 minute massage. It was the most relaxed I have been in months (and it didn't last long...both kids were sick by this point and I was sick by the next morning).
Collecting sticks for a later project.
November 23, We Are Thankful For:
Ryan & Allie: Mommy & Daddy. I remembered this one. It melted my heart. Right back atcha, Kiddos!
Kim: Hanging out with my siblings. It was the first time we have all been together with time to actually hang out and talk...since last Christmas maybe. We were all together for the wedding, obviously, but it was a little hectic. I have such cool siblings (and sibling-in-law), and I thoroughly enjoyed all the time we had to just hang out.
They love playhouses...
November 25, We Are Thankful For:
You may have noticed that I skipped Thanksgiving. This was purposeful. Thanksgiving deserves its own post, I think.
Allie & Ryan: Bah! Another I don't remember! I do remember asking...
Kim: Sleep. After many nights interrupted by sick kids, I was in rough shape. Lucas let me take Nyquil and sleep in the other room. It was heavenly. Although I am still sick...
Coloring fishies!
Note: Notice the red spot on her cheek. You might think it is paint or marker, but it is actually facepaint. It was once in the shape of an N. My children love having their face painted on game day...
November 26, We Are Thankful For:
Ryan: Cars Underwear. Do you sense a theme? He knows what he loves...
Allie: Marvin K Mooney. Do you know the book? They discovered it at my parents' house and it is their new love.
Kim: Family. Part of the reason we went to Nebraska for Thanksgiving was to have a reception there for my brother & his wife (since a lot of family & friends couldn't make the trip to Michigan for the wedding). I have this amazing extended family that I don't get to see enough. I really enjoyed the all-too-brief time I got with them at the reception.
November 27, We Are Thankful For:
Ryan & Allie: I forgot to ask...
Kim: To be honest, I was really sick this day. I was so bummed because I didn't get to enjoy the last day I had with my family. But, Ryan and I being the sickest, we stayed home from church in the morning. 1on1 time with my little man is was the bright spot in a bummer day.
FISHING!!!
(see the sticks and decorated fish! They brought the whole day together in a cool way!)
November 28, We Are Thankful For:
Ryan & Allie: McDonalds & Pizza. When we travel, they get to visit their favorite places to eat (McDonalds because of the slides, and any place with pizza). Thank goodness they are so easily pleased?
Kim: A safe trip home. We were sick. I was miserable. It could have been a lot worse (remember this trip home? Not our worst by far!) I was just so relieved to be home!
Fishing Fun!
November 29, We Are Thankful For:
Ryan & Allie: I forgot. Is there a fail larger than epic?
Kim: Lots of things accomplished. Still sick, but feeling overwhelmed by all of the "post-vacation-catch-up" AND holiday preparation, I plugged along slowly. Doing whatever I had the energy to do. I managed to get a lot accomplished, and this helped relieve a little of the pressure.
November 30, We Are Thankful For:
Ryan & Allie: SNOW! We had our first snowfall that stuck, and the twins had a blast playing in the snow - sliding down the slide, riding their sleds, and wallowing in the snow. They also enjoyed their first taste of hot chocolate! Unfortunately, my camera battery wasn't charged so I didn't get pictures of any of it...
Kim: Angel children. Seriously, I've been sick and I was dreading how bad it might be after 10 days of multiple adults to cater to their every whim. They've been an absolute joy. Practically perfect. I'm so lucky!

And so, aside from the Thanksgiving post, another 30 Days of Thankfulness ends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better Kim. :(
Hug from Denise