June 26, 2005

Vocab Quiz Tomorrow


Here is what I have and will be doing since last Monday to August 19th; learning Hebrew. The top word is pronounced "boker" and means morning. The bottom word is pronounced "mitsvah" and means command, commandment (think: bar mitzvah). Kim and I have definitely settled in and are becoming more and more familiar with how to get around these parts. We went for an adventure on Friday afternoon to find a beach. The first one we went to wanted $15 for parking so we decided to continue on to one further down the road that was free. The beach was packed and the water was as cold as Lake Superior, which for those of you who do not know that means it is freezing. But, Kim had a good time anyways and the sun did feel good on my white, white skin. Friday evening we saw "Bewitched" and, while Nicole Kidman and Will Ferrell were terrific, the movie left much to be desired. Many storylines were left dangling in the wind, which is odd considering the movie is only 90 minutes long you would think they could have added some minutes to do a better job telling the story. We continued our Church hopping this Sunday and visited an Evangelical Free church about 45 minutes from our apartment. First person we met was the pastor's wife who introduced us to all the other ministers of the church and had us sit with her in the very front row. [When was the last time you saw a visitor in the front row at your church? Unheard of!] Very friendly church, made us feel right at home, sot hey are a definite contender, but we still have 6 or 7 more to check out, so we shall see. If you are reading this sentence, take a minute to post a comment for this blog; the more posts we receive the more we are encouraged to update our blog with greater frequency. Have a great day! Posted by Hello

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey!lucas,kim, sorry you haven't heard form me latley, but i love your blog, it makes me happy to know what's going on in your life even though ya'll are in boston, and not in hillsdale anymore.
i wish you luck with the curch search, i know what it's like as i'm doing the same thing right now, lucas, good luck with the hebrew! kim good luck with the job search! you're in my prayers, i love you both! talk to you soon!

Hack said...

I wonder if I can tell you in a way, some may call it "code" but they are just jealous, about my big news without anyone else except the remnant of the remnant understanding....

I am a bit rusty, but here goes. Mr. A. (full name withheld to maintain anonymity, but his first name is the same as my dad's), may visit me occasionally, but I will probably not introduce him to any of my guests, as they would likely find him, well, distasteful. He is, after all, an entirely unique character. And his breath is like a mink onion--it almost knocks you out. But there are those of us who find him, uh, sweet, in his own way. And the more time we spend with him, the more interesting he becomes. Anyway, he is coming to Japan! Almost makes me want to sing. If only I weren't without an orchestra....

Joel and Billy have an advantage since they spent time in Japan, but you have a good shot. E-mail me at: hackrambler@gmail.com.

blog said...

wohahaha. found your blog. glad to see you guys are doing well.

Anonymous said...

Boat is in read your blog can't go online with my new notebook computer cause I need a new cell phone. Please send money! haha

Anonymous said...

if you're going to churches 45 minutes away, you should try park street church in Boston.

ldmiller said...

While Park Street is certainly a fine church, the only reason we are looking at churches that far away is because of their denominational affiliation with the Evagelical Free Churches of America. What we are trying to decide on is to attend a church nearby that is of another affiliation or to attend an EFCA that is further away, but may be very helpful if I want to become part of that affiliation once I am done at Gordon-Conwell. Nothing against Park Street, mind you. A fabulous church with a rich heritage in the evangelical movement.

Anonymous said...

Lucas, Your mother called and insisted that I visit your website AND comment. How can I refuse. It is evident that you have too much time on your hands; evidenced by your exstensive website effort. Good show. Word has it that you two are settled in. Great. We will try to be faithful in our prayers including those involving a job for Kim. FYI I will be discussing your "support" at our CBC board meeting tonight. You can count on us, we'll see about the others. Yours in Christ,

Anonymous said...

Yo, was going to email back but on here works as well. The 4th in Boston is on baby. Though we'll have to work out the details some - i'll give you a call later to work it all out.

ldmiller said...

Lucas speaking:

To Maggen: Hello from me. Blessing to you as you look for a church.

To Hack: You ar a master riddler.

To Bjorn: Thanks for the visit! I will take time soon to explore your blog. Loved what you were reading.

To Sailordad: Glad you liked your gift. Easy to buy for you in the future.

To Calah: How come I never get a "hello"? (I always make sure to pass your hello on though!)

To Mr. D: Glad to have you visit our site. Not sure how I feel about my mom calling people to visit our blog, but I guess that's what moms do. I look forward to hearing the church's thoughts and am very appreciative of your prayers and support. And I do have some extra time even though I am in summer school because I have not found a part-time job yet, but these days will end sooner rather than later unfortunately!

To Joel: Great to hear the 4th will work out. Our day is completely open, so call soon and we shall arrange our plans.

Anonymous said...

Hello Lucas & Kim, love to go on your blog site and see whats new with the two of you. Makes keeping in touch easy. Hope you find a nice church. How is the job hunting coming Kim? Hebrew sounds hard,keep up the good work Luke.
Love to you both.

Anonymous said...

lucas and kim... hey there... I'm a loyal reader. Dana is getting pretty far along, and we just bought cars... domestication has entered my soul. Talk soon... matt