August 20, 2011

Family

I know it's been a while, but we have had the craziest couple of weeks (as you should see in upcoming posts). My brother got married last weekend, and one of the best things about weddings (besides the actual wedding of course) is all the family that you get to see! My uncle & 2 of his daughters came out early & we got to spend a few days hanging out with them - including a trip to our lake!
Allie & Ryan showed off their swimming skills
(note: perhaps Allie doesn't love swimming because she always starts on shore?)

Gigi & my cousin C.
No diving in here, they all got in s-l-o-w-l-y!
My uncle tossed in some quarters to let the twins look for "treasure." Allie is still talking about the money in the lake. And there IS still money in the lake because every time they found all the quarters they threw them back and there is one we never found!

Kicking in the water with Papa.
Swimming with Uncle Matt.
Water 500 :)

Eventually they moved from the water to the swings with Papa.
The gang!
I so enjoyed the little pockets of time with all of our family, but it was especially fun to really show "our life" to my uncle & cousins :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay a new blog...Looks like you guys had fun...love see'in everyone enjoying the last days of the summer. Hugs from Nana

Anonymous said...

What fun to see Jon and the girls in your lake!!! They had a wonderful time with you. It was such a joy to see you all and spend some time with you. Such a beautiful wedding. I will really miss the many chats with Nic at Shop EZ--so neat to see him several times every week all summer! Life moves on whether we are ready or not!! Grandma

Anonymous said...

Actually I really miss Matt, too. All summer I had great chats with him or with Nic and him together or Nic when they joined me for Shop EZ breaks. Such a treasure to a Grandma's heart!!! They always had a hug and a chat from the time they were little until they both left for their new lives. Such good guys!!! A TON of memories!!! Grandma