November 01, 2005

A Pirate's Life for Kim


My wife has become a Pirate!!! This is the secret I have told no one about and the true reason we moved to the East Coast; so that she could sail the ocean instead of the Great Lakes in Michigan. While on land, this she-pirate enjoys working with the elderly and dressing up for them on holidays in October.

The other picture is of our friends, Sarah and Dave. Dave is Martin Luther (Oct 31st is also Reformation day, the day Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses to the church door at Wittenburg, Germany). And Sarah is the Wittenburg door. We had a few kids from our apartment building stop by for candy, but we still have a huge tub of candy left. We tried to give it away but folks were coming to our door passing out candy (reverse trick-or-treating if you will). I guess I'll have to eat it all.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

What was baby Laura Jane for Halloween??? I expected to see a picture of her?? Did she Trick-or-Treat. Wouldn't Lucas share the candy? Kim you looked great! It doesn't look like you. I'm used to you smiling. xo mom denise

Anonymous said...

haha! you look great! Lucas, I see there was no mention of what YOU were for halloween. What was your costume? = )

Anonymous said...

And you told me you hated halloween and were upset with me for dressing you up and taking you trick or treating. I see you wanted to wait till you were older to do this bit in your life. Look good but teeth are to white and good looking for a pirate. Did they have a contest were you work? Deb Munroe was a cat with a fat tail that she could move. She scared some people because her face was all black too. I took some pictures of her before I left to go home. Lucas what was your costume? Mom from Ne

ldmiller said...

Since so many want to know my outfit... I wore a turkey hat.

Anonymous said...

wow... way to live up the holiday ; )

Hack said...

I want to see a picture of you in your turkey hat. If you don't deem it worthy of your blog, I will put in on mind. A respite from the afro assault, it could be just what the doctor ordered.

ldmiller said...

Unfortunately (or fortunately) we have no pictures with the Turkey hat. Our apologies.

Anonymous said...

I note that you mention your costume was only the turkey hat - is that why there are no pictures available? Maybe the Stealth Club rule should have been towels and hats - it would have made it so much more festive.

Anonymous said...

That's so great!!!

Kim, I think your brother and I are actually becoming somewhat acquainted now :) He is a nice kid.

Calah

Anonymous said...

Joel... hilarious... although I will deduct 2 points for public mention of that which must not be discussed (at least with Penny Arnn). Lucas, I was a "doctor," which meant putting on scrubs over sweats. Lydia was a pea in a pod. fun times.

ldmiller said...

Schramm, good call with the scrubs; a lazy man's costume. Schellhammer, I'll just keep that secret to myself.