February 12, 2006

White Out

Well Kim and I enjoyed a Sunday inside as a blizzard dumped snow on us all day. We received somewhere between 15'' to 20'' of snow, and I know that drift behind my car was definitely over 2 feet high. Since the snowstorm was so well broadcasted days in advance, most of us knew that we would be here Sunday morning and not driving to church. Our neighbors, Josh and Kim, held a worship service in their apartment that was attended by 25 people. It was very refreshing to worship together with our friends and neighbors. We were bound to have this snowstorm because it's been almost spring like up here for the past several weeks. We had hot chocolate this morning; the first time in weeks. We never feel like having it unless there is snow on the ground. Back to business though tomorrow.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim & Lucas...Grandma is here and she wishes she had some of your snow to play in. Grandpa is here also and he says HI..he's too old to talk, haha...81 tomorrow. Loralee (jelly belly) is here too. She says PEACE and is holding her two fingers up.Dad is cooking a great chicken casserole for supper. Go DAD!! Loralee & I got Piston Tickets for Valentines day from dad!! Dad is the coolest. So now I have two play-off games to go to. Yippeeee!! Well enjoy the snow and make a snowman and put some pictures on here for us to see!! xo from all of us. Happy Valentines Day to both of you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim and Lucas, We were expecting that you were going to gets lots of snow like Boston. That's a LOT of white stuff!!! We're looking forward to photo's, too. I bet the comment above makes you homesick, Lucas. It makes me feel homesick and I don't even belong to the family! God's blessings upon you both. NE Grandma and Grandpa

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't mind some snow but that sounds to much for me. specially the nights I work hate walking in deep snow and getting my pant legs wet and the cold in morning and night scrapping windows. I am thankful for the brown we see. but pictures would be great. I do hate the cold and winds we have here tho. Dad is taking me to chances r for Valentines. Matts not invited haven't told him yet tho. Happy Valentines to you guys. mom in Ne.

Anonymous said...

It's time to up-date this; don't you think???? I know you are busy but we miss you and want to hear from you. xoxoxoxoxo

MM said...

Hello, Millers! At last Ive found your home in the blogosphere! What a great blog! :) ...We got our fair share of white stuff down here in New Haven too...

Anonymous said...

Whoa, MM has a blog? and apparently she's been engaged in something beyond interesting conversations. Check out a photo of the happy couple here . . .

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3789/778/1600/HPIM0134.jpg

Congrats Muffin!

Oh, and Lucas, some posting would be nice . . .

MM said...

Hey Joel! :) Where did you find that photo???? I cant retrieve it- :( out with it, BTW- are you the mysterious "S" who's been driving my commentors crazy?...

ldmiller said...

I know I need to post. I'll try to get on it today